Monday, March 12, 2012

Más Milagros aka More Miracles

Hello Family and Friends,

Thanks for all of the emails and love and support. It´s good to hear that Grandma´s service went well...and I´m really proud of you Mom for not crying, if that is, in fact, the case. Also, it sounds like Bryce is gonna be able to beat me down when I get back (19 weeks!!!!). Glad to hear as well that a lot of people are interested in the whole mission thing, at this rate my blog is gonna be more popular than Brother Rober YouTube videos haha [if only….]. And yes, I will put a guess in for Coleman [his cousin recently put his mission papers in.  It’s like the Mormon lottery and we all like to guess where, when and what language]...I´m guessing Japan. That´s right. I think Coleman is definitely smart enough to handle that language, so I think that´s where the Lord will send him...although I will be rooting for Spanish speaking so that ALL of the Peacock cousins can speak Spanish to each other.

Also, I have a tiny request...I would like another package full of non nutritional American junk food. Ideas - EL Fudge, fudge stripe cookies, trail mix, Reese´s, Nutter Butter, BROWNIES, s’mores Pop Tarts, gummy bears, gummy worms, Girl Scout Cookies....just are a few ideas of things that cannot be found in Mexico...also Oreo Double Stuff are good too....you don´t have to include all of them obviously...but they are some ideas....let me know what you think of sending me another package . Oh and also...Tyler you better not be slacking off on that list of music and movies, just remember, you´ll be going on a mission soon too so remember the Golden Rule. I want ALL of the songs that you have liked or have been popular and are good over the last 2 years...as well as movies. Te amo.

IMG_0259As for the week, another miracle filled week. We´ll start with the H* family. We found them probably a month ago. The parents are members, they were baptized 6 years ago in another stake, and when they moved here 3 years ago they went inactive. They have 2 daughters Renata and Alexa who are 10 and 8 years old and were not baptized. When we found them knocking doors, they told us that they were in a moment of decision in their family...they were thinking about going back to the Catholic Church or if they should go back to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints...but they knew that they needed to come closer to God. Coincidentally, we found them in the middle of that decision...funny how that works isn´t it?  Wow, God really does know His children. We got the family to start coming back to church and once they did that the decision was easy. The daughters decided to get baptized and the parents decided that the Mormon Church is the right church for their family. The Lord blessed us and them by helping us find them...it was a crucial moment in their life and I feel blessed that the Lord used my companion and I as instruments. They were baptized on Monday.

Next miracle (or MILAGRO as the Mexicans say), Felipe and his wife Zuleica. We found Zuleica knocking doors about a week and a half ago, and she was very open and went to church with us with her husband on the 4th of March. They stayed for all 3 hours and really enjoyed the experience. As we passed by Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with them we were really emphasizing baptism with them, and they understood it but they just wanted time to learn more before they got baptized.  They wanted to read the whole Book of Mormon and watch General Conference before making the decision to be baptized. We read them a lot of scriptures with them helping them to understand that Christ wants us to follow Him in faith (Acts 8:27-41, Acts 16:25-33, Alma 7:14-15, Alma 32:16). At the end of your appointment on Thursday, we left them with the commitment to pray as a couple and ask God if they should get baptized.

On Friday, we were on interchanges, so my companion went to the appointment and I was in another area, but he told me this is how it went down.  He asked them how their prayer went, and Zuleica asked him right off the bat ¨How much will the baptism cost and what do we have to bring?¨ My companion said he could not believe what he was hearing, after explaining to them IMG_0266that the baptism is free, they told my companion that they had prayed, and talked and decided that they would get baptized on Sunday. MIRACLE. The Lord can do anything...He COMPLETELY changed the hearts of Felipe and Zuleica from wanting to act completely on KNOWLEDGE, to being wiling to act completely on FAITH. So we finished the week with another 3 baptisms, giving us now 11 in this change.  It has been a miracle filled change and we still have 1 week left!!! The Lord has blessed us SO much this change, I don´t think I will ever be able to completely thank Him for it.

Love you and miss you all.

And this is my Joy.

Elder Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment